Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air no longer "sees" wireless printers

I've had no problems printing to my two network printers until today; even though both were shown as available, the Mac would print to neither. I deleted both to reinstall them, and now neither is visible when I go to "add printer." Since one is next to my computer, I used a USB cable to get by, but I need a solution to this problem

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 4:53 PM

"MacBook Air no longer "sees" wireless printers: [...]Mac just doesn't 'see' any wireless printers when I attempt to add one; only sees the one connected by USB, which operates normally."

-------

You are welcome.

Troubleshooting Printers:

A. Go here: If you can't Print from your Mac or iOS Device - Apple Support.

No Success?

B. Reset the Printing System:

Reseting the Printing System could fix this, as the drivers may be installed in an instant. Important: Always get the drivers from the manufacturer, as getting the elsewhere may result in malware or spyware installed on your computer.

1. Go To: System Preferences
  2. Select: Printers & Scanners
  3. Right-Click: on this pinter
  4. Select: Reset printing system...
  5. Click: Reset button

C. For Reference:

For a Wi-Fi printer, you need to use an AirPrint Compatible Printer. See Here: About AirPrint - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2022 4:53 PM in response to idontwanttonamemycommunity

"MacBook Air no longer "sees" wireless printers: [...]Mac just doesn't 'see' any wireless printers when I attempt to add one; only sees the one connected by USB, which operates normally."

-------

You are welcome.

A. Go here: If you can't Print from your Mac or iOS Device - Apple Support.

No Success?

B. Reset the Printing System:

Reseting the Printing System could fix this, as the drivers may be installed in an instant. Important: Always get the drivers from the manufacturer, as getting the elsewhere may result in malware or spyware installed on your computer.

1. Go To: System Preferences
  2. Select: Printers & Scanners
  3. Right-Click: on this pinter
  4. Select: Reset printing system...
  5. Click: Reset button

C. For Reference:

For a Wi-Fi printer, you need to use an AirPrint Compatible Printer. See Here: About AirPrint - Apple Support

Mar 23, 2022 3:47 PM in response to idontwanttonamemycommunity

"MacBook Air no longer "sees" wireless printers: [...] used a USB cable to get by, but I need a solution to this problem"

-------

A. Start with a Restart:

Restart the Mac, seeing if it then works.

B. Any Upgrades?

Did you just upgrade your Mac to a new macOS? If so, the operating system may not be compatible as of yet. So, contact the Manufacturer asking them if this is compatible.

C. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

MacBook Air no longer "sees" wireless printers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.