Related Article: About fans and fan noise in your Apple product

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook getting too hot.

My MacBook Air gets too hot. How do I stop this issue? Please let me know?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 6:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 6:59 PM

Determine if you can correlate excessive heat production with a particularly burdensome app or process.

To learn how you can do that, read View CPU activity in Activity Monitor on Mac - Apple Support. You can sort that column by %CPU in descending order to determine which apps or processes are most active.

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) is justified if you are unable to correlate the fan activity to anything in particular.

Read Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support, and if applicable to your model Mac, About fans and fan noise in your Apple product - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2022 6:59 PM in response to rayyed97

Determine if you can correlate excessive heat production with a particularly burdensome app or process.

To learn how you can do that, read View CPU activity in Activity Monitor on Mac - Apple Support. You can sort that column by %CPU in descending order to determine which apps or processes are most active.

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) is justified if you are unable to correlate the fan activity to anything in particular.

Read Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support, and if applicable to your model Mac, About fans and fan noise in your Apple product - Apple Support.

MacBook getting too hot.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.