Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong order of imported tracks

I am trying to copy a number of tracks via iTunes onto my iPhone 6. Though the tracks are in correct order on my Win 10 PC they always appear in jumbled order in the playlist and I have to manually put them in the right order. "Shuffle" in iTunes is disabled, but the bug remains. What do I do wrong?

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 12:56 PM

When looking at the list the way you want it on your computer right-click on the playlist name in the sidebar and click Copy to Play Order. This order should now be used when the list is synced to a device.

tt2

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 24, 2022 1:07 PM in response to gr5959

I believe you need to use an iTunes command that keeps the songs in the order you've put them: right-click the Playlist title and select Copy to Play Order from the context menu that opens up. The next Sync between the iPhone and your iTunes Library should sort that out.

The option to copy to play order does not appear on any of the other iTunes menus and there is no shortcut command for it either. It is only on the right-click context menu.

Wrong order of imported tracks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.