Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Monterey Version 12.2.1 not recognizing flashdrives

Very recently, my MacBook, Monterey Version 12.2.1 is not recognizing flash drives, none--not just a particular one. I do connect the gadget to be able to plug in USBs and it does recognize an external hard drive which I use for backups, just the flash drives are not recognized and it had been seeing them. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any help you can provide--

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 12:40 PM

5 replies

Mar 26, 2022 5:09 PM in response to my ginger

the MacBook Pro does not have USB ports so you must have a hub to use USB drives. It has worked until recently and, after speaking with an Apple support personnel, appears to be directly related to the Monterey update which is a pain. So, I'm going to try to purchase a new flash drive as Monterey may only support hubs using 3.0 versions of flash drives. The hub works as I plug in the power for the MacBook to charge as well as an external hard drive for the time machine backups. It may also be a matter of waiting for another upgrade to Monterey. Thanks for your efforts, though.

macOS Monterey Version 12.2.1 not recognizing flashdrives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.