Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I back up my Macbook Pro in iCloud?

How do I backup my Macbook Pro in iCloud?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 3:04 AM

As Both previous posting have mentioned.

As good computer practices, the user should protect their important personal information and files, unless they are not important enough to protect all ?

Do you have a Rescue Plan In-Place. This comprises having 3 Backups using 2 methods and 1 Off Site incase of Theft, Loss or Natural Disasters. A Time Machine Backup  is very useful and can be used to Revert to Previous Working macOS

For addition purposes - two Tested Bootable Clones each to separate external drives. This is insurance incase the upgrades goes sideways. At least one Tested Clone and / or Time Machine Backup should be Off - Site

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2022 3:04 AM in response to bcdl74

As Both previous posting have mentioned.

As good computer practices, the user should protect their important personal information and files, unless they are not important enough to protect all ?

Do you have a Rescue Plan In-Place. This comprises having 3 Backups using 2 methods and 1 Off Site incase of Theft, Loss or Natural Disasters. A Time Machine Backup  is very useful and can be used to Revert to Previous Working macOS

For addition purposes - two Tested Bootable Clones each to separate external drives. This is insurance incase the upgrades goes sideways. At least one Tested Clone and / or Time Machine Backup should be Off - Site

How do I back up my Macbook Pro in iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.