Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't send messages to non iphone users

Hi, I have tried many different things to fix not being able to send messages to non-iPhone users and nothing has worked so far. What should I do to try and fix this problem?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 7:49 PM

mackieg7187 Said:

"can't send messages to non iphone users: Hi, I have tried many different things to fix not being able to send messages to non-iPhone users and nothing has worked so far. What should I do to try and fix this problem?"

-------

Who is you Carrier?:

The My Verizon app being the culprit:

If using the My Verizon app, then perform the following: "Go to: My Verizon App > sign in > select the phone/ device > manage device > preferences > block specific services > finally turn off block picture & messaging"**

*Source: Can't send SMS messages to Android phone from new iPhone 13 - Verizon Community

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2022 7:49 PM in response to mackieg7187

mackieg7187 Said:

"can't send messages to non iphone users: Hi, I have tried many different things to fix not being able to send messages to non-iPhone users and nothing has worked so far. What should I do to try and fix this problem?"

-------

Who is you Carrier?:

The My Verizon app being the culprit:

If using the My Verizon app, then perform the following: "Go to: My Verizon App > sign in > select the phone/ device > manage device > preferences > block specific services > finally turn off block picture & messaging"**

*Source: Can't send SMS messages to Android phone from new iPhone 13 - Verizon Community

Mar 24, 2022 7:54 PM in response to mackieg7187

You have stated that you have tried all those steps listed in the link provided by Jack-19. The follow are the two steps that were also listed in that link:

What did Apple Support tell you when you contacted them? What did your carrier tell you when you contacted them? Please let us know. Thanks.

Axel F.

Apr 26, 2022 8:58 AM in response to TheLittles

This did the trick!

I have the iPhone 13, and after much troubleshooting on my own and with Verizon support when I suddenly could not text with non iPhone users, I was sent a replacement phone. Ended up with the same problem. Again troubleshooted.

Came in here and this suggestion stood out to me because I DO have the My Verizon app on my phone.

As suggested, I went into: My Verizon App > sign in > select the phone/ device > manage device > preferences > block specific services > block picture & messaging

My block picture & messaging was already off, so, on a whim, I toggled on and back off again.

Voila! My text started working again. Yippeee!

This community is amazing and will be my first stop should I experience any further issues with any Apple devices.

can't send messages to non iphone users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.