Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari no longer works with Amazon and a few other websites

I am using Safari 15.3. I am not sure exactly when Safari last upgraded, but about a month ago or so, Safari stopped working on Amazon. It will load the Amazon page, but none of the links on the page work. I have ad a similar issue on at least one other website where my login information will pre-fill, but when I click the "login" button, nothing happens. As a result I am using Google Chrome more often, but I prefer Safari. If there is a quick solution to this problem, I would love to hear how to fix it.

OS - Catalina 10.15.7

Thanks,

James

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 3:43 AM

Quote:

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected - Apple Support

Test with a private window 

A website can store cookies, caches, and other data on your Mac, and issues with that data can affect your use of the website. To prevent the website from using that data, view the website in a private window: Choose File > New Private Window.

If that works, use the following steps to remove the website's data from your Mac. The website can then create new data as needed. If it's a website that you sign in to, make sure that you know your sign-in information before continuing.

1. Choose Safari > Preferences, then click Privacy.
  2. Click Manage Website Data.
  3. Select the affected website from the list shown.
  4. Click Remove.
  5. Click Done.
  6. Open the website again in a non-private browser window.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2022 3:43 AM in response to jrisk

Quote:

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected - Apple Support

Test with a private window 

A website can store cookies, caches, and other data on your Mac, and issues with that data can affect your use of the website. To prevent the website from using that data, view the website in a private window: Choose File > New Private Window.

If that works, use the following steps to remove the website's data from your Mac. The website can then create new data as needed. If it's a website that you sign in to, make sure that you know your sign-in information before continuing.

1. Choose Safari > Preferences, then click Privacy.
  2. Click Manage Website Data.
  3. Select the affected website from the list shown.
  4. Click Remove.
  5. Click Done.
  6. Open the website again in a non-private browser window.

Mar 28, 2022 7:07 AM in response to dominic23

So it worked for a little bit, but now it is back to doing the same thing. Surely there is something in the settings that can be fixed so that I do not have to do this process every time I try to access the website.

I also noticed when I removed the site from the list, it automatically reappeared a few seconds later. Not sure if that means anything.

Safari no longer works with Amazon and a few other websites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.