Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Health

so i have a 2020 macbook air M1 and I use a 20 W charger for a iPad pro instead of the more powerful charging brick. and i have never charged the macbook over 89% and i always leave low power mode on. will this make the battery health last longer?

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 7:37 AM

The charge controller is actually in the battery. It will use only the power required to properly charge it. There is never any requirement to try and micromanage the charging process, as you are doing.

When working at a desk, use it connected to the charge cube (the proper charge cube).

When you need portability, use it on battery power.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2022 7:37 AM in response to Cad5

The charge controller is actually in the battery. It will use only the power required to properly charge it. There is never any requirement to try and micromanage the charging process, as you are doing.

When working at a desk, use it connected to the charge cube (the proper charge cube).

When you need portability, use it on battery power.

Battery Health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.