Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

import audio books from CD

Whats the best way to import a CD audiobook into Books on a Mac? (OS Monterey 12.3). I have tried the import command under the file menu but that brings in each chapter as a separate book with no title or filename to say what it is. Do I have to go via the Music app?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 9:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 11:52 AM

Cheers for that. I suspected as much. An inelegant un-Apple like solution. The Apple music app is such a cumbersome bit of software with a very poor “search” function and a really odd way of sorting multiple CD’s, chapters and paragraphs, as you’ve suggested. The only way I can find the books I’ve imported is to set a filter parameter using the “spoken word” genre as Apple in their wisdom have removed the audiobook category from the old iTunes version. Irritating… (hope someone at Apple is listening) but we have to go with the flow until they fix up the Books app.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2022 11:52 AM in response to picas

Cheers for that. I suspected as much. An inelegant un-Apple like solution. The Apple music app is such a cumbersome bit of software with a very poor “search” function and a really odd way of sorting multiple CD’s, chapters and paragraphs, as you’ve suggested. The only way I can find the books I’ve imported is to set a filter parameter using the “spoken word” genre as Apple in their wisdom have removed the audiobook category from the old iTunes version. Irritating… (hope someone at Apple is listening) but we have to go with the flow until they fix up the Books app.

import audio books from CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.