Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.1.14 download for older mojave

Had to reinstall macox mojave. I had backed up my imovies library before reinstalling os. When I go to download app from store I get a message stating "iMovie can’t be installed on “OSX” because OS X version 11.5.1 or later is required.". I have this app in my purchase history so its a cloud download. I understand they have newer macs and a newer app for them but not sure why its not letting me download an earlier version that I HAD running prior to the reinstall.

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 3:40 PM

Rich, I just got home and was about to get you a screen shot. When I went to download it now I got a different message then earlier. This time it says "The current version requires macOS 11.5.1 or later, but you can download the last compatible version."

This was not the message I got earlier when I tried. Very odd. In any case, I was now able to download it and everything is fine now. I appreciate your help!!

--Gary

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2022 3:40 PM in response to Rich839

Rich, I just got home and was about to get you a screen shot. When I went to download it now I got a different message then earlier. This time it says "The current version requires macOS 11.5.1 or later, but you can download the last compatible version."

This was not the message I got earlier when I tried. Very odd. In any case, I was now able to download it and everything is fine now. I appreciate your help!!

--Gary

Mar 26, 2022 12:28 PM in response to garyORrobORgary

Try this procedure:

To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. (You can skip that step if you had iMovie 10 on your computer before, but deleted it.) Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar.   You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash (if you moved it there) and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

Mar 26, 2022 2:26 PM in response to garyORrobORgary

Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing when you open your purchases folder? Because what you describe shouldn't be happening unless you already have an active iMovie 10 app on your Mac. Did you look in your Applications folder to see if it is in there? If it is, you must drag it into the trash, but not empty the trash, before signing in to the app store. Also, are you signing into the app store with the same Apple I.D. that you were using when you initially acquired iMovie 10?

-- Rich

iMovie 10.1.14 download for older mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.