Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hacked phone

I received a message on my browser stating that my was hacked and Apple has this problem and I need to download a app called alerty . I downloaded it now my family said I might be true and to call Apple

iPad, 14

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 2:22 PM

It is not true, you have been scammed. Delete the app, and restore your phone to a backup made before you installed it. If you provided any personal information act on the assumption that anything you provided, such as name, address, credit card, Apple ID, etc has been compromised.

If you provided your Apple ID and password change the password IMMEDIATELY! Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

And see this for additional information→Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2022 2:22 PM in response to IreneMtz19

It is not true, you have been scammed. Delete the app, and restore your phone to a backup made before you installed it. If you provided any personal information act on the assumption that anything you provided, such as name, address, credit card, Apple ID, etc has been compromised.

If you provided your Apple ID and password change the password IMMEDIATELY! Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

And see this for additional information→Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Hacked phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.