Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes

Obviously with the tech world it is today more often people are getting locked out of things. I work with phones every day…I’m a big Apple supporter and consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable on Apple devices. Well…I locked myself out of a very important note and went to reset it but noticed it told me it wouldn’t affect my old notes. So WHAT IS THE POINT? Obviously if I can’t get into a note I am not going to lock more of them until I can get into the old one. Is there not some time of patch update that can be pushed to the notes app to give us the option to reset the password for ALREADY locked notes????? Please help, I know I’m not the only one frustrated with this.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 5:22 PM

You are correct. You are unable to regain access to password-protected Note(s) if you have forgotten the password that the note was locked to, you are only able to reset the password, with this change taking effect for future notes only.

Keep your notes secure with password-protection - Apple Support

I understand it can be frustrating to be locked out of an important Note, if you want to send your feedback to Apple so they are able to understand your opinion on the matter please head to Product Feedback - Apple to make sure your feedback gets heard.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2022 5:22 PM in response to professionally_irritated

You are correct. You are unable to regain access to password-protected Note(s) if you have forgotten the password that the note was locked to, you are only able to reset the password, with this change taking effect for future notes only.

Keep your notes secure with password-protection - Apple Support

I understand it can be frustrating to be locked out of an important Note, if you want to send your feedback to Apple so they are able to understand your opinion on the matter please head to Product Feedback - Apple to make sure your feedback gets heard.

Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.