Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidental shut down during the Factor reset process MacBook Pro 13' macos11.6

While attempting a factory reset on my mac, I decided to stop the reset process while it was 20% of the way through. Now I've begun using this workflow Power button on -> hold down option for 20 seconds. Not I connected via wifi, and it brings me to OS XUtilities. Then I access Disk Utility. The disk utility look completely different than when originally attempted the reset

1. Can just restore my computer from here and do a factory reset later on?
  2. What do I do on the DISK utility page?
  3. Should I just finish the reset process?

Any help is appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 10:33 PM

Hi,

Run DiskUtilities > First Aid to repair your drive could help.

If you have TimeMachine backup, you'd better reformat the drive and restore from TimeMachine backup.

If you don't have TimeMachine backup and First Aid doesn't help, you will lost data with reformat the drive and reinstall macOS from the scratch.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2022 10:33 PM in response to branden143

Hi,

Run DiskUtilities > First Aid to repair your drive could help.

If you have TimeMachine backup, you'd better reformat the drive and restore from TimeMachine backup.

If you don't have TimeMachine backup and First Aid doesn't help, you will lost data with reformat the drive and reinstall macOS from the scratch.

Accidental shut down during the Factor reset process MacBook Pro 13' macos11.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.