Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sync my songs in Music on Iphone to my Mac

I had added songs into my Music Library on my iPhone but couldn't play some of the songs. It tells me "This song is not synced across your devices." I had selected Sync Library on my Music on my MacBook but it is still did not work. I had even left the laptop connected to the phone all night and still did not sync. Fyi, I only have less than 50 songs.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 2:42 PM

Sync happens from your Mac to your iPhone, not the other way. If you purchase music on your iPhone, it can automatically download to music on your Mac. Your library will sync across devices automatically if you have iTunes Match or Apple Music. Otherwise, you sync from the Mac to the iPhone.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2022 2:42 PM in response to OD503

Sync happens from your Mac to your iPhone, not the other way. If you purchase music on your iPhone, it can automatically download to music on your Mac. Your library will sync across devices automatically if you have iTunes Match or Apple Music. Otherwise, you sync from the Mac to the iPhone.

How to sync my songs in Music on Iphone to my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.