Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t get my husbands music to share with my family sharing

My husbands family sharing is not working need help retrieving his music

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 9:55 AM

If it is music he bought from the iTunes Store, see this link:

How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support

However, music that is leased with an Apple Music subscription cannot be shared. The playlists (names of songs) can be shared, but not the songs themselves:

See what friends are listening to in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device - Apple Support

In addition to enabling Family Sharing, did he (I assume he is the Family Organizer) also get a Family Music subscription?

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

Each member of an Apple Music family subscription can stream millions of songs from the Apple Music catalog. And each family member gets their own personal music library, and music recommendations based on what they love to listen to.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2022 9:55 AM in response to Lpingleton

If it is music he bought from the iTunes Store, see this link:

How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support

However, music that is leased with an Apple Music subscription cannot be shared. The playlists (names of songs) can be shared, but not the songs themselves:

See what friends are listening to in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device - Apple Support

In addition to enabling Family Sharing, did he (I assume he is the Family Organizer) also get a Family Music subscription?

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

Each member of an Apple Music family subscription can stream millions of songs from the Apple Music catalog. And each family member gets their own personal music library, and music recommendations based on what they love to listen to.

Can’t get my husbands music to share with my family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.