Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update to Monterey. I am not abe to update no matter what I try

How do I update to Monterey on my Mac ?I’ve have tried everything

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 7:37 AM

12 replies

Mar 31, 2022 5:02 AM in response to Neenee4

There are reports appearing on the ASC Forums regarding failed installation of Monterey on older Qualifying Apple Computers. In most cases this is related to having a NON Apple Original internal drive ?  

The EFI Boot ROM included in Monterey is verifying for Original Apple Drive and if not found , may Balk or fail to upgrade to Monterey. 

Reports indicate the EFI BOOT ROM is Required to Flash the Computer and is a  requirement for a Successful Monterey Installation

Mar 31, 2022 6:31 AM in response to Neenee4

Neenee4 wrote:

I have cleaned storage and all other areas. My computer is compatible. Still saying lack of storage. It installs it. Then tells me to open in disc. But will not update to Monterey still

Q - "I have cleaned storage and all other areas"

A - How was this done / achieved ?

A - Was the Entire Drive Erased and there is No Operating System installed on the computer ?

Mar 31, 2022 1:52 PM in response to Neenee4

Perhaps once the user ( you ) potentially answer the earlier questions reliable and accurately we may have some idea how the computer is in this situation.

Once that is done, we may be able to offer accurate and reliable potential solution(s)

Please understand we what to assist but need this important information as we are not there to see the computer and in what condition it is.

EDITED.

How do I update to Monterey. I am not abe to update no matter what I try

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.