Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers version 11.1

Where can I get an older version of Numbers?

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 9:34 PM

If you've updated macOS to the latest version that your Mac can run, and you still can't find Numbers on the Mac App Store (can I assume you've already checked there?) then I'm afraid you're out of luck until you update your hardware. Numbers (and Macs) have changed a LOT since 2011.

SG

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2022 9:34 PM in response to Stingray

If you've updated macOS to the latest version that your Mac can run, and you still can't find Numbers on the Mac App Store (can I assume you've already checked there?) then I'm afraid you're out of luck until you update your hardware. Numbers (and Macs) have changed a LOT since 2011.

SG

Mar 28, 2022 11:17 AM in response to Stingray

Yes, many of us are still using older Macs for work and need versions that still work on their computers. I'm on a mid-2011 iMac. I'm using Libreoffice, which is okay, but I'd prefer to use something that is optimized for the Mac OS. I'd very much like some help finding an older version that is compatible with High Sierra. Thank you.

May 1, 2022 10:22 AM in response to RobbyBearPooh

Hi RBP,

Alternatives to buying a new machine are to use a different application, such as LibreOffice.

Free to download, and free to use. Learning curve is a bit steeper and longer than the one for Numbers, so you will need to spend some time (but not some money) reading the documentation and learning the ropes.

Depending on the OS X version you are using, you may have to choose a non-current version of LibreOffice. These are avaliable at the download site.

As for Numbers, you may still be able to find a boxed retail version of iWork '09 for sale. This contains the '09 versions on Numbers, Pages and Keynote on a dvd, so you will need a dvd drive to install the applications.

Check to ensure that you are getting the boxed retail version. There are also copies of the trial version. These work for 30 days, then require a passcode to convert to the full version and continue operating. The server(s) providing the passcodes (AND the servers that you'd send the passcode to in order to convert the trail apps) were shut down several years ago, leaving no path to upgrade the trial version to the (then) 'real thing'.

Regards,

Barry

Regards,

Barry

Numbers version 11.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.