Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some keys need to be pushed hard to get a response from the keyboard

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015). Few years ago, the letter O would not work well. I would have to press it multiple times before it finally types it in. Then the letter R, and now the letter T are acting up too.

Originally I decided to buy a bluetooth keyboard to avoid frustrations -got very aware of how many times the letter O is used in english :( i was working from home so it didn't matter too much anymore.

But now that I have to go to places to work, it's very annoying. I have to carry my bluetooth keyboard with me and I wish I had taken care of that problem when it first appeared on the first key.

I see there was a program to replace keyboard but my laptop is apparently not on the list. I tried cleaning it with compressed air as explained in the apple support blogpost but these 3 keys are still acting up. I have to press really hard on them to get a response from the keyboard.

I feel very disappointed because this is my first Mac and I also had a factory problem on my screen few years ago. It seems like Apple hardware isn't that amazing after all and the worse is that when there are defects and programs in place, they don't inform you. So good luck to you if you hear about them.

Thanks for letting me know if there is anything else that can be done. It's intermittent and very annoying when i have to use the original keyboard.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 12:23 PM

Get expert service and support at the Genius Bar.

▷ Call 1-800-MY-APPLE or get help here. 

Similar questions

1 reply

Some keys need to be pushed hard to get a response from the keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.