Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch face is lifting from the watch

Without warning my Apple Watch face is lifting from the watch. Watch is still totally functioning. Solutions? Apple support is saying I will have to pay ~$150 to have it repaired! I didn’t drop it or anything. It was completely spontaneous!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch, watchOS 3

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 5:34 PM

Thank you for your insight! I've read about this battery swelling issue of Apple's. Since it's THEIR issue, I won't pay for the repair and I won't give them another dollar. Switching to another. Thanks, though!!

7 replies

Mar 29, 2022 11:32 AM in response to SoulsisAZ2020

Apple does not make lithium polymer batteries, neither does, Samsung, Google, Swatch, Garmin, etc. So no matter which company you go with you can run into this same problem again. It isn't an Apple issue, it is a lithium polymer battery issue. So if you want to protest this with your money don't buy from anyone that uses that technology.

Apr 21, 2022 1:14 PM in response to Alanmorris78

Actually that is the case more often than you know.

But in the case of lithium polymer batteries expand your research and you will find the same complaints from owners of other small electronics including Samsung, LG, Emerson, Sony, Fitbit, Garmin, Sony, etc. And to use the car analogy it is like blaming Ford when your battery fails.

Apple Watch face is lifting from the watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.