Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

health app does not sync across 2 iphones

My Apple Watch 7 is paired with my personal iPhone XR.

I also have a work iPhone 13.

Both phones are setup with the same apple id. both have the health app turned on. both are setup to sync with iCloud.

some days the number of steps shown in the health app on each device is eventually the same (always with a significant lag) for the 2nd iPhone to get the updated data.

for the last 2 days however, the steps are seriously incorrect. I have already flipped the switch to sync with cloud to off, waited a few minutes than back on to try to re-sync ... but that didn't fix anything. since this is in the cloud, shouldn't it work seamlessly without any lag time at all?

date XR iPhone 13

3-27: 15,025 9,254

3-28: 15,885 7,566

Why is this happening, how do I fix and how do i prevent from happening again?

Thanks!

Heather

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 11:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 7:05 AM

Hello HDM06,

Ensuring your steps and other data in the Health app sync between your devices correctly is important. You've walked through great steps thus far by toggling the sync setting off and back on. In addition to the steps you've already completed, have you tried restarting your devices? If not, restarting both iPhones and the Apple Watch can help with resolving this issue. You can find the steps for restarting all three devices listed below.

Restart your iPhone

"Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of the iPhone) until you see the Apple logo."

Restart your Apple Watch

"Press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider.Drag the Power Off slider.After your watch turns off, press and hold the side button again until you see the Apple logo."

If you continue to have issues after restarting your devices, you'll want to confirm you're running the latest iOS and watchOS. You can find the steps for updating in the following articles.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touchUpdate your Apple Watch

Let us know how that goes!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2022 7:05 AM in response to HDM06

Hello HDM06,

Ensuring your steps and other data in the Health app sync between your devices correctly is important. You've walked through great steps thus far by toggling the sync setting off and back on. In addition to the steps you've already completed, have you tried restarting your devices? If not, restarting both iPhones and the Apple Watch can help with resolving this issue. You can find the steps for restarting all three devices listed below.

Restart your iPhone

"Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of the iPhone) until you see the Apple logo."

Restart your Apple Watch

"Press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider.Drag the Power Off slider.After your watch turns off, press and hold the side button again until you see the Apple logo."

If you continue to have issues after restarting your devices, you'll want to confirm you're running the latest iOS and watchOS. You can find the steps for updating in the following articles.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touchUpdate your Apple Watch

Let us know how that goes!

health app does not sync across 2 iphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.