Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Country

Hi,

I want to change the country of my Apple account as I recently moved to a different country.

I first cancelled my subscriptions as required by Apple and then tried to change my country but I constantly have a message asking me to cancel my subscriptions to Apple Music and Apple Match, which I already did... Any idea? So far, I cannot change country and it is annoying.

Thanks for the help.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 12:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 12:36 AM

Hey there,

the first thing make sure that you cancel Apple Music by this link >>>How to cancel Apple Music - Apple Support

~

and to cancel ITunes Match ☞ How to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

If the subscription is still active, you have to wait until it ends or contact Apple support to help you ☞ Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2022 12:36 AM in response to emicotisg

Hey there,

the first thing make sure that you cancel Apple Music by this link >>>How to cancel Apple Music - Apple Support

~

and to cancel ITunes Match ☞ How to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

If the subscription is still active, you have to wait until it ends or contact Apple support to help you ☞ Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Mar 29, 2022 4:55 AM in response to Iafeef

Thank you. I have already done that (and said so in my message). I cancelled all my subscriptions. Is it possible that my change of country would only take effect at the end of all my subscriptions' date of validity? If yes, this would be really stupid!! My itunes match will only expire in August this year and my office package in November. I did not know I would relocate overseas last August or November so I renewed for a year. I intend to close my bank account and cancel my credit cards. I cannot imagine that a company such as Apple do not think about expats who relocate and do not offer a solution to change location even though some subscriptions might be expiring later...

Changing Country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.