Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac kernel panic

Hi Community,

my iMac crashes like everyday for more than one year now with (at least it looks like) almost the same crash report and I attached 2 example crash reports for you from different days.

I hope you can help me here because I'm really not able to read those reports or get a conclusion out of that.

Thank you in advance!

Update: crash report 2 has in the first row "Absturzbericht 30.10 4" - that was just a note from me so just ignore that :)

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 5:22 AM

It appears you have an iMac 27" (5k, 2019) model.

Usually Machine Check errors are due to hardware issues. You can try disconnecting all external devices from the Mac in case one of them is causing a problem since some devices are tied very closely to the CPU. There is a third party Yamaha driver listed in both Panic reports so make sure you are using the latest version of the Yamaha driver. You may even want to try uninstalling the Yamaha driver to see if that stops the panics. Booting into Safe Mode should also disable all third party drivers including the Yamaha driver and sometimes even some Apple drivers.

Try running the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected. However, a lot of failures are never identified by the diagnostics. You will likely need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the Mac.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2022 5:22 AM in response to Matthi85

It appears you have an iMac 27" (5k, 2019) model.

Usually Machine Check errors are due to hardware issues. You can try disconnecting all external devices from the Mac in case one of them is causing a problem since some devices are tied very closely to the CPU. There is a third party Yamaha driver listed in both Panic reports so make sure you are using the latest version of the Yamaha driver. You may even want to try uninstalling the Yamaha driver to see if that stops the panics. Booting into Safe Mode should also disable all third party drivers including the Yamaha driver and sometimes even some Apple drivers.

Try running the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected. However, a lot of failures are never identified by the diagnostics. You will likely need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the Mac.

iMac kernel panic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.