Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you prevent your MacBook apps from restaring due to inactivity?

I have a 2019 MacBook Pro. I typically multi-task between the Mac and a PC. If I leave the Mac for a period of time, when I return I have to restart Chrome and then go into my history and restore all previously open tabs. I am forced to log back into any mail or other apps that were open before the Mac shut down Chrome.

In my settings, all sleep features are disabled yet my Mac still auto locks and closes Chrome and certain other apps.

I get security features but this is my home device and it is incredibly frustrating to have to relog into my mail and other apps dozens of times a day.

Please help!!!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 1:07 PM

I close the screen on my MacBook Pro that is running Monterey 12.3 and the Mac sleeps (including over 8 hours at night) and when I open it and enter Touch Id or passcode, Chrome is still running and one tab is Gmail and I don't need to login to Gmail again. It did the same with previous versions, including 11.6.

Check the following: Apple menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Advanced (button in bottom right corner) > Logout after [] minutes of activity and uncheck that if it is checked.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2022 1:07 PM in response to Elder Towns

I close the screen on my MacBook Pro that is running Monterey 12.3 and the Mac sleeps (including over 8 hours at night) and when I open it and enter Touch Id or passcode, Chrome is still running and one tab is Gmail and I don't need to login to Gmail again. It did the same with previous versions, including 11.6.

Check the following: Apple menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Advanced (button in bottom right corner) > Logout after [] minutes of activity and uncheck that if it is checked.

How do you prevent your MacBook apps from restaring due to inactivity?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.