Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple expects everyone to have a mobile phone but my Telecoms Provider took my mobile number off me because I never used it. Apple appears to insist on a mobile for password update. How do I access or update my Apple Password without a mobile?

Apple seems to insist on having and using a mobile phone to access your account or update your password. I had a mobile but never used it so my Telecoms Provider took my mobile number off me! I do not intend to get another just to satisfy Apple. Is there a way to change a password without two-factor identification using a mobile?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 11:39 AM

Enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage  -     

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

3 replies

Apple expects everyone to have a mobile phone but my Telecoms Provider took my mobile number off me because I never used it. Apple appears to insist on a mobile for password update. How do I access or update my Apple Password without a mobile?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.