Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Effects not transferring correctly from Motion?

Hello, longtime X user here. Currently using an M1 mbook pro and 10.6.1 FCPX.

I have a new problem with graphics and effects created in Motion 5 not transferring correctly to X.

I created an animated fontbar. It animates on in three phases - bar comes in, about 5 frames after the bar starts to move, the top line of text moves in, then 5 frames later another line moves in. The fontbar builds on-screen instead of a simple dissolve. Nice and clean, and something I've done dozens or even hundreds of times using Motion and X together.

Publish the effect as an FCPX generator and then open X. The chicklet shows the animation correctly when scrubbing through it in the browser. Drag it onto the timeline and neither line of text animates at all, but the bar does.

I've tried a new project, clearing preferences, even going as far as deleting X and Motion, powering down, and re-installing but the issue persists.

Does anyone have any ideas here?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 5:30 PM

If you keyframed the text animation in Motion and ALSO published the parameters used to keyframe the animation to the FCP generator... that will kill the animation. If you need both — add a Custom Behavior and publish the "add-on" parameters instead.

Similar questions

3 replies

Effects not transferring correctly from Motion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.