Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up custom email domain stuck in "verifying your domain" for more than 24 hours, with no indication of progress or error

Being a iCloud+ subscriber, I'm trying to set up "custom email domain", following the instructions from Add a custom email domain for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com – Apple Support (UK)

I added the required DNS records to the domain, in my domain manager's web-console (Cloudflare), and verified the existing email addresses. Now, the iCloud settings page shows me the “verifying your domain” step, with no indication of any progress or any error:I've been waiting for more than 24 hours already. How can I debug what's happening?

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 12:11 PM

5 replies

Mar 30, 2022 12:35 PM in response to arnq

Hi arnq,

In following the steps in Add a custom email domain for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com, ensure you have met all the requirement under "Before you begin"

If you have existing email addresses at your domain that you want to keep using, make a list of them so you can configure them in iCloud. If you have no existing email addresses, you can create them after you add the domain to iCloud.

You need to have two-factor authentication enabled for your Apple ID. If you do not, you can turn it on at the Apple ID account website.

You need to have a primary iCloud Mail email address set up to use a custom email domain. If you do not, see Create a primary email address for iCloud Mail.

If you want to share a domain with your family, make sure you have Family Sharing set up. See Use iCloud with your family. Each family member also needs to turn on two-factor authentication and have a primary iCloud Mail email address.

If so, you may want to Contact Apple Support or use this Get Support link to check things on that end.

Best regards.

Setting up custom email domain stuck in "verifying your domain" for more than 24 hours, with no indication of progress or error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.