Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding a new device

I removed xr10 that was visible in my account because it was still linked and locked by the previous owner. Said owner has no recollection of a 6-digit password and was not willing to sign in to her own iTunes account to remove the device. I want to add it back to my account to see if anything changed, but can't figure out how.

iPhone XR

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 5:08 PM

Have you been able to sign in to your Apple ID and activate the iPhone? If YES, then your iPhone has been added to your Apple ID and therefore does not exist on the other person's Apple ID account.

If you cannot activate your device then you have run into the Activation Lock and this lock cannot be removed without the original owner's Apple ID and Password.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2022 5:08 PM in response to mmmamie53

Have you been able to sign in to your Apple ID and activate the iPhone? If YES, then your iPhone has been added to your Apple ID and therefore does not exist on the other person's Apple ID account.

If you cannot activate your device then you have run into the Activation Lock and this lock cannot be removed without the original owner's Apple ID and Password.

Axel F.

Adding a new device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.