Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you recover text from a notes file?

I realized that a few weeks back I accidentally deleted text from a notes file on my Mac that I need and I was wondering if there was a way to undo or recover that deleted text from a notes file. Thank you so much!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 3:30 AM

Not if the files were overwritten with the deleted-text versions. In that case, you'll need to rely on your backups. But if you've been letting your backups run on schedule overwriting has likely occurred there too.

Maybe search your Mac with the file name and look for duplicates that are pre-deletion dates.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2022 3:30 AM in response to zkhazzam

Not if the files were overwritten with the deleted-text versions. In that case, you'll need to rely on your backups. But if you've been letting your backups run on schedule overwriting has likely occurred there too.

Maybe search your Mac with the file name and look for duplicates that are pre-deletion dates.

How do you recover text from a notes file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.