Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod mini cannot be configured as stereoset

I just bought 2 homepods mini that I want to configure as stereoset for listening music. I use my iPhone 12 or iPad-Pro to configure them as explained in the manual. But the final configuration does never finish well (the spinning wheel keeps spining). Then sometimes the pods play both different music, but I haven’t any clue how it was selected. One time it was somehow the same song but out of sync instead of proper stereo.

After the first connection it seemed that they needed a software update so I presume they have the latest software available like my iPhone and iPad-Pro (automatic updates always on).

In the home-app I see the stereo homepod icon but when I click it only one Pod is turned on and starts playing no matter what, the other I must tap by hand to activate.

Can anyone guess what I might be doin wrong?

HomePod mini, 15

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 10:01 AM

Break the stereo pair, power cycle your router and both HomePods, check that each will play independently, then try again. See Set up a HomePod stereo pair - Apple Support.

tt2

5 replies

Mar 31, 2022 6:43 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried this, but my confusion is not gone. I did a reset on the home app and both HomePods. Then I connected each one separated. With the first I was able to select for airplay to play music from the music app. When I connected the second one it started playing random music. Even when I choose it fro airplay it did not continue with the music I selected with the music-app but with the random song. I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Homepod mini cannot be configured as stereoset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.