Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fingerprint failed when activating Touch ID

Please help me activate the Touch ID on my IPhone. I googled how to activate it by going to Settings and then touching ID and Password. I entered my Password and then touched the fingerprint, but it said Fingerprint Failed. I tried 5 times but still no luck. What should I do? Thanks!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7, iOS 10

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 11:33 AM

Contact Apple or an Apple authorized service provider.

Still not working?

If the previous steps didn't help, you see "Failed—unable to complete Touch ID setup", or either of the following happen when you go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support:

• You can't turn on Touch ID
  • Touch ID is dimmed or grayed out

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2022 11:33 AM in response to NQ312XPZ

Contact Apple or an Apple authorized service provider.

Still not working?

If the previous steps didn't help, you see "Failed—unable to complete Touch ID setup", or either of the following happen when you go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support:

May 1, 2022 7:44 AM in response to Barbare2010

Barbare2010 wrote:
{image trimmed, shrunk}

If you’ve gone through the related article:

If Touch ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad

Then the last step is to contact Apple Support or an Apple authorized service provider.

From that article:

Still not working?

Fingerprint failed when activating Touch ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.