Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Used phone

Hey, I was gonna buy a used iphone. But when I checked the serial numbet it says telephone technical support expired. Can i still buy that?

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 4:57 PM

Georg3:

if when initially powered-up the phone doesn’t ask you for a language and then change to “Hello” …

… it is NOT ready for you to purchase.

See section “Check for Activation Lock before you buy a device from someone else” in this article:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2022 4:57 PM in response to y_p_w

Georg3:

if when initially powered-up the phone doesn’t ask you for a language and then change to “Hello” …

… it is NOT ready for you to purchase.

See section “Check for Activation Lock before you buy a device from someone else” in this article:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Mar 30, 2022 5:49 PM in response to Katana-San

(Wrong reply, I would like to address thread issuer’s problem, sorry for confusion)

It is normal to show up that message if your used phone were used since brand new open box for over 90 days. It doesn’t mean that your phone must/must not a problematic phone. But better stick to brand new iPhone if it is economically affordable for you, since you are the only one who know how the phone were used from time to time to prevent purchase scam.

No big worries on that messsage!

Used phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.