Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfering EBooks to an Ipad

Hi, I am trying to transfer an ebook to my iPad from my windows computer using itunes. This sound silly but I don't know where the books option is or if I need a separate program. Thank you

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 3:32 PM

Two readily accessible methods come to mind…

1) Install iCloud for Windows on your PC. This will allow you to share and transfer your photos, documents and ebooks via iCloud.

Download iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

2) Install iTunes for Windows on your PC. This provides other transfer and management options.

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

You can install and use both on the PC. They will happily coexist - and provide considerable flexibility in how you move/share/transfer photos and other documents and data between iPad, iPhone and your PC.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2022 3:32 PM in response to murdock240

Two readily accessible methods come to mind…

1) Install iCloud for Windows on your PC. This will allow you to share and transfer your photos, documents and ebooks via iCloud.

Download iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

2) Install iTunes for Windows on your PC. This provides other transfer and management options.

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

You can install and use both on the PC. They will happily coexist - and provide considerable flexibility in how you move/share/transfer photos and other documents and data between iPad, iPhone and your PC.

Mar 30, 2022 4:35 PM in response to murdock240

To make the transfer somewhat easier, skip iTunes altogether - and simply install and use iCloud for Windows. For what you’re trying to achieve, it is much simpler and quicker.

Once you transfer your files (PDF or otherwise) from PC to iCloud, you can simply copy the files to any of your Apple devices using the native Files App that is built-in to every recent iPad and iPhone.

Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Mar 30, 2022 4:21 PM in response to murdock240

Assuming that the books are PDF files, they can be transferred using iTunes or iCloud. If instead your books were purchased from Apple Books, you simply download them again on your other devices.

If the eBooks are associated with a reader App, such as Kindle, you must download another copy to the target device from the source; for Kindle, this would be Amazon.

Transfering EBooks to an Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.