Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parental Control to block Siri web suggestion picture search on spotlight

Iphone SE 2020 ios 15.4

How can I block or lock the siri picture search, " web suggestion" results on the widget/spotlight screen ? I have the parental controls set up and safari app is not available and content filters set for G, passcode protected, Siri web search content set to "not allowed" on content restrictions screen, but the results still let un-wanted Pictures to be loaded.

Example: home screen/ swipe right/ enter topic in search/ scroll down to siri suggested websites AND/OR "Web Images" suggestions bypass all filters and settings. These can be edited from the widget page but they can also be added easily.

Seems like a serious bypass to the parental controls. Shown to me by the Child!!

Thanks for the help

B

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 3:41 PM

Solved!! found the answer on another Thread. Summary -If you have parental control active in screen time, siri and search tab settings are removed from General screen so you cant make changes. You have to deactivate restrictions to allow siri and search slider to re-appear. Make your changes then reactivate restrictions.

I only had to deselect a few siri slider buttons for desired results. I did not select each app, this worked perfectly for me.

Credit goes to : Beezedogg thread 252706586 who shared the following:

1) If you used Screen Time to block access to Siri/Search, you’ll need to unblock it momentarily.

2) once you’ve unblocked Siri & Search, it will show up in your Settings. Go to Siri & Search in Settings.

3) turn off all the “Siri Suggestions”

4) go through each app listed and decide whether or not you want it showing up in the search results. I went ahead and turned every app off one at a time. (My goal was to basically disable the search bar. Our son has great apps on his iPad. The search bar adds no value for him.)

5) once you’re done removing results, then go back to Screen Time to disable Siri & Search.

ahhhh no results in the search bar :)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2022 3:41 PM in response to Bmerlin22

Solved!! found the answer on another Thread. Summary -If you have parental control active in screen time, siri and search tab settings are removed from General screen so you cant make changes. You have to deactivate restrictions to allow siri and search slider to re-appear. Make your changes then reactivate restrictions.

I only had to deselect a few siri slider buttons for desired results. I did not select each app, this worked perfectly for me.

Credit goes to : Beezedogg thread 252706586 who shared the following:

1) If you used Screen Time to block access to Siri/Search, you’ll need to unblock it momentarily.

2) once you’ve unblocked Siri & Search, it will show up in your Settings. Go to Siri & Search in Settings.

3) turn off all the “Siri Suggestions”

4) go through each app listed and decide whether or not you want it showing up in the search results. I went ahead and turned every app off one at a time. (My goal was to basically disable the search bar. Our son has great apps on his iPad. The search bar adds no value for him.)

5) once you’re done removing results, then go back to Screen Time to disable Siri & Search.

ahhhh no results in the search bar :)

Apr 3, 2022 6:52 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for your reply. You can search any picture suggestion real time, example, if you put "house pics", "cat pics" , "dogs pics", you get a web suggestion box ( widget?). To clarify you need to select "see more" and end the search with "Picture" or "pics" to get results.

My goal was to block all web / internet access unless needed by the youth. . The iphone parental controls has been an excellent feature to make the phone a call/text/app-specific only device. Internet and sites can be added if needed. Something not available on other system devices. Most app based parental controls have large holes that can be bypassed. Kids love a challenge and "cracking" a system is fun!! Just not fun for me.

Please share more thoughts or ideas.

Parental Control to block Siri web suggestion picture search on spotlight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.