Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage contact photo is clear on my phone, but blurry on other

Was wondering if there is a fix for this?

I upload a regular jpg image of myself as the iMessage contact image but on everyone else’s iPhone it appears blurry. It’s crystal clear on my phone.

My wife and others have sent me screenshots where this is a blurry image and pixelated. The first image is what mine looks like on my phone. The second is my contact picture on everyone else’s.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 2:11 PM

Hey there gx5cpx,

We'd like to help get your contact photo showing as clearly as it does in your own iPhone, so let's start with some basics:

1. When did this first start to occur?
  2. As you have a compatible model, the latest version is iOS 15.4.1. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to first back up, then Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  3. If you already have iOS 15.4.1 installed, have you tried a restart? This link shows how to Restart your iPhone.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2022 2:11 PM in response to Zac2209

Hey there gx5cpx,

We'd like to help get your contact photo showing as clearly as it does in your own iPhone, so let's start with some basics:

1. When did this first start to occur?
  2. As you have a compatible model, the latest version is iOS 15.4.1. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to first back up, then Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  3. If you already have iOS 15.4.1 installed, have you tried a restart? This link shows how to Restart your iPhone.

Cheers!

iMessage contact photo is clear on my phone, but blurry on other

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.