Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i block ‘no caller id’ or ‘wireless caller’

I am getting a flurry of unsolicired calls from a remote US state and also some offensive messages. Can i block a whole state? I block one nimber and other numbers call in its place. It’s a whack a mole. How can i get this to stop?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 8:34 PM

Short answer is a NO.

What you can block is listed here 👉 Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You can also Silence unknown callers. These are all callers that are not in your contact list. This will solve your concern however even legitimate unknown callers will be Silenced. You will not hear the phone ring however a voicemail can be left by the unknown caller. If you want to try it out then, open Settings ➡️ Phone ➡️ SIlence Unknown Callers: Set this to ON.

Finally, you may wish to contact your carrier and see whether they have the means to control the incoming calls in the manner that you want to.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2022 8:34 PM in response to Bayousailer

Short answer is a NO.

What you can block is listed here 👉 Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You can also Silence unknown callers. These are all callers that are not in your contact list. This will solve your concern however even legitimate unknown callers will be Silenced. You will not hear the phone ring however a voicemail can be left by the unknown caller. If you want to try it out then, open Settings ➡️ Phone ➡️ SIlence Unknown Callers: Set this to ON.

Finally, you may wish to contact your carrier and see whether they have the means to control the incoming calls in the manner that you want to.

Axel F.

Mar 30, 2022 8:45 PM in response to Bayousailer

Bayousailer Said:

"How can i block ‘no caller id’ or ‘wireless caller’: I am getting a flurry of unsolicired calls from a remote US state and also some offensive messages. Can i block a whole state? I block one nimber and other numbers call in its place. It’s a whack a mole. How can i get this to stop?"

-------

Blocking Out Scam Calls:

A Few Important Thoughts:

Malwarebytes for iPhone:

One item usable is Malwarebytes for iPhone. Keep all the junk out. Get it Here: iOS Security - iPhone Call, Text, and Ad Blocker | Malwarebytes - it Blocks Scam Calls and Filters Site usage. It is developed by longtime users of these forums, making it the only reliable and official Security Software for an iPhone. It is something to consider when it comes to blocking out junk.

MalwareBytes Premium for iPhone:

This application can be found in the AppStore. It allows its users to do their part in all of this. They can report scam calls, by submitting the phone number, to its developer and adding a few lines for notes on the report upon submittal. In high-relevance to this case, it blocks popups from those phone numbers their customers have reported. Texts can be set to be received only by those in your contact list.

Get it here: MalwareBytes for iOS - App Store - Apple

How can i block ‘no caller id’ or ‘wireless caller’

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.