Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A mac computer was given to me out of an estate sale and I want to do a factory reset. How do I do that?

A mac computer was given to me out of an estate sale and I want to do a factory reset. How do I do that?

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 8:05 AM

To transfer ownership of a Mac follow these instructions: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support.

Unless you know its former owner's Apple ID credentials you will need to start with Step 7.

Consider the possibility its owner may have designated a Legacy Contact for his or her Apple ID: How to add a Legacy Contact for your Apple ID - Apple Support.

Request access to an Apple account as a Legacy Contact - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2022 8:05 AM in response to Garysems

To transfer ownership of a Mac follow these instructions: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support.

Unless you know its former owner's Apple ID credentials you will need to start with Step 7.

Consider the possibility its owner may have designated a Legacy Contact for his or her Apple ID: How to add a Legacy Contact for your Apple ID - Apple Support.

Request access to an Apple account as a Legacy Contact - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.