Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you block a number across devices?

When I block a number on my phone, the messages still go through on my Mac. This has made it so I've received some unwanted messages. Is there a way to automatically have a block on one device be effective across all my devices because this has happened repeatedly. They all are signed into the same Apple ID and this is frustrating.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 8:08 AM

Set up iCloud on all your devices

Apps and features that use iCloud - Apple Support (CA)

In the iPhone >> Setting >> Messages and make sure the Apple Computer is listed by Name and Enabled for Text Forwarding.

When I Block a Phone Number on the iPhone , the Blocked Sender is Automatically Add to the Blocked Sender in Messages on the Apple Computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2022 8:08 AM in response to myguitarplaysit

Set up iCloud on all your devices

Apps and features that use iCloud - Apple Support (CA)

In the iPhone >> Setting >> Messages and make sure the Apple Computer is listed by Name and Enabled for Text Forwarding.

When I Block a Phone Number on the iPhone , the Blocked Sender is Automatically Add to the Blocked Sender in Messages on the Apple Computer.

How do you block a number across devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.