Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBookAir not receiving text messages

Receive text messages on iPhone 10xr but not on MacBook Air. Also text messages sent from computer do not appear on iPhone 10xr. This is a sudden occurrence. I did not, to my knowledge, change any settings. Have rebooted iPhone and checked settings.

I know I will soon receive solution from community. Thanks.

MacBook Air 15in. Early2015

OS Catalina 10.15.7

Serial C0******3QD

iPhone 10Xr

Software 15.2.1

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 1:21 PM

Hi there musiu,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If text message forwarding is not working between your iPhone and Mac, take a look at the article here: How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac

That should help. Let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers.

4 replies

Apr 3, 2022 8:55 AM in response to musiu

Hello musiu,

You can choose where you would like send messages from.

With Messages active, click Messages in the upper left corner of the screen. Next click on Preferences and open the @iMessage tab. Towards the bottom of this window you can select, "Start new conversations from:".

More information is available here: Change iMessage preferences in Messages on Mac - Apple Support

Have a good day.

Apr 3, 2022 8:45 AM in response to Matthew_J5

Mathew_JS: Thanks much for your reply. Answered my dilemma> I did notice however that I can start & reply messages from iPhone & MacBook but only start new conversation from iPhone. Can start new conversation only from one device,.

Learn something new almost every day. To me this limitation puzzling but now I know. However I observed I can originate conversation from MacBook if I enter the address. More puzzling. Am I correct???

A constant learning for an old head. Thanks again for your thoughtful reply.

MacBookAir not receiving text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.