Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone’s Storage is filling up without me doing anything

Hi!

I have an issue with my iPhone XR regarding the storage. Out of nowhere the storage says “full” and i know for sure I didn’t fill 128GB. System data says it has 58GB of those 128GB, i don’t know what to do…

iPhone XR

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 2:06 PM

Backup, restore to factory, and restore from backup

If you can import your media to Photos or iTunes in a computer and copy important documents to a cloud server it will give you some resilience in case the restore from backup fails.

(1)          How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

(2)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

(3)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

That will clear any bogus `Other.

If after that the other is still larger than about 6GB then you have apps that generate junk.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2022 2:06 PM in response to Rickypellegrini28

Backup, restore to factory, and restore from backup

If you can import your media to Photos or iTunes in a computer and copy important documents to a cloud server it will give you some resilience in case the restore from backup fails.

(1)          How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

(2)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

(3)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

That will clear any bogus `Other.

If after that the other is still larger than about 6GB then you have apps that generate junk.

My iPhone’s Storage is filling up without me doing anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.