Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone can't connect to streaming radio

I have a brand new 13 Mini, operating since yesterday. This morning on my walk I listened to streaming radio as I did with my prior iphones (going back to #4!), and it worked fine. However now it doesn't! It will connect for a second, and then lose it again, repeatedly. This has been the case both with strong wifi as well as with wifi turned off (no change), and with several different sources. Any ideas? Suggestions?

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 3:31 PM

4 replies

Mar 31, 2022 4:51 PM in response to econklin4

Since you indicate this issue just began to happen and is happening on wi-fi and on cellular data, can you check to see if these apps recently updated? You can check that in your App Store, by tapping on your account icon in the upper right corner area of the screen, then look down at the list of updates beneath that page that comes up after you tap on your icon. You can also contact the app developer to see if there were recently been any changes that could have affected that. How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Mar 31, 2022 4:29 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

My local radio station has an app, as well as NPR. Both behave the same. I'm afraid that shutting down both apps and powering off the phone didn't help. Apparently both apps are having trouble connecting to their streams; the connection flickers off and on as well. I tried several other similar apps, and see the same behavior. Speedtest gives me 472mbps down/21.7 up on my home wifi.

My phone can't connect to streaming radio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.