Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch compatibility with Apple Car Play

I just recently purchased an iPod Touch 6th Generation model, and just read that Apple CarPlay doesn’t support iPods, which is very disappointing☹️ Why hasn’t Apple developed a way for iPod users to connect to Apple CarPlay???🤔

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 3:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 6:05 AM

Ingo2711,

Thank you for helping me understand the reason behind iPod Touch not being compatible with Apple CarPlay. I did also contact the iPod Support Team in hopes that future iPod Touch models can be built to have compatibility with Apple CarPlay, as Apps like this are becoming popular in a lot of Cars and it’s vital that music lovers, don’t have to solely rely on their iPhones to connect to an App like Apple CarPlay 👍🏼

Anonymous-One

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2022 6:05 AM in response to Ingo2711

Ingo2711,

Thank you for helping me understand the reason behind iPod Touch not being compatible with Apple CarPlay. I did also contact the iPod Support Team in hopes that future iPod Touch models can be built to have compatibility with Apple CarPlay, as Apps like this are becoming popular in a lot of Cars and it’s vital that music lovers, don’t have to solely rely on their iPhones to connect to an App like Apple CarPlay 👍🏼

Anonymous-One

iPod Touch compatibility with Apple Car Play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.