Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iphone13 pro is not automatically backing up at at night. It is plug in and connected to Wi-Fi. Previous phone backed up,

Backup is not automatically working at night, phone is plugged in and connected to wifi. This is a new iPhone 13Pro. Having to manually click on backup the next morning to backup everyday.

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 4:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 11:28 AM

Hello ~ Take a look here:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iCloud

If you can't back up to iCloud - Apple Support

~Katana-San~

11 replies

Apr 1, 2022 4:55 AM in response to Chattanoogan

I have tried it twice. Had to do a manual reset both everyday. It was not plugged in to the plug that came with it thou. First night it was laid on a charging pad, last night plug into a previous cord I had. It did charge the first few days automatically. I will try the new cord tonight to see if that is the problem. My password on apple has changed, maybe something is not right with that. I do not know. Any other ideas on what it could possibly be???

Apr 1, 2022 8:14 AM in response to papabear162

I’m not sure I effectively communicated my message.

I’ve observed - albeit anecdotally - that if you are performing manual backups, the “auto” backups seem to cease.

It’s almost as if the phone is saying, “Fine … YOU go ahead and do it; I’ll take a vacation.”

So DON’T perform any manual backups for 48 to 72 hours. I suspect the auto backups will begin anew for you.

Apr 1, 2022 11:30 AM in response to papabear162

Re: "... Why reason would be for that? ..." AND " ... I have backed it up “manually” every morning since it was setup ..."

I suspect that your execution of manual backups - while commendable from a data protection standpoint - is inhibiting the automatic backup function.

See "rationale" 3-posts above.

Again, leave it alone (i.e. no manual backups) for 48-72 hours to see if the "auto" backups resume,

My new iphone13 pro is not automatically backing up at at night. It is plug in and connected to Wi-Fi. Previous phone backed up,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.