Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clock Faint Dim on Second External Monitor

Hello All! It is very hard to see the clock/date on my 2nd monitor. Only the monitor I am actively using will show the clock/date in a readable form. How do I set the clock/date to ALWAYS be bright and readable? I have tried DND mode, but that will not keep the clock bright on both monitors.

External Monitor on top, laptop on bottom.

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 12:41 PM

I am afraid that is just how the system works.

Not just the clock, but the whole menu bar is brighter on the active display.

Nevertheless, I find it quite readable in any case - and I'm old.

But since it does not seem to be readable for you, all I can suggest is:

a) take care to choose some Desktop background that results in a better contrast in the menu bar.

or

b) in System Preferences->Accessibility->Display, try checking the box for "reduce transparency".

This will affect various parts of the system, not just the menu bar; but it make it so the menu bar no longer is transparent. This may help.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2022 12:41 PM in response to LeeeeeLee

I am afraid that is just how the system works.

Not just the clock, but the whole menu bar is brighter on the active display.

Nevertheless, I find it quite readable in any case - and I'm old.

But since it does not seem to be readable for you, all I can suggest is:

a) take care to choose some Desktop background that results in a better contrast in the menu bar.

or

b) in System Preferences->Accessibility->Display, try checking the box for "reduce transparency".

This will affect various parts of the system, not just the menu bar; but it make it so the menu bar no longer is transparent. This may help.

Clock Faint Dim on Second External Monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.