Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software update iOS 15.4.1

Why does the software update iOS 15.4.1 take so long to load? I have an iPhone SE and the current software is iOS 12.4.1. How long does it usually take?

Thank you in advance.

iPhone SE

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 7:48 AM

You might get very old if you're trying to update an iPhone (from iOS v12.4.1 to v15.4.1) over the air/wirelessly, and most likely you won't be able to do it.

In such a situation, I suggest that you update that device via computer (if you don't have a computer borrow one from your friends/neighbors, or ask for help at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider), then learn how to update your device manually if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.

Regards

Giulio

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2022 7:48 AM in response to Stan-cat8

You might get very old if you're trying to update an iPhone (from iOS v12.4.1 to v15.4.1) over the air/wirelessly, and most likely you won't be able to do it.

In such a situation, I suggest that you update that device via computer (if you don't have a computer borrow one from your friends/neighbors, or ask for help at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider), then learn how to update your device manually if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.

Regards

Giulio

Software update iOS 15.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.