Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages on watch

When receiving a text on my watch I use to just raise my wrist and it would show the message and I could read it but recently it has started showing who the message is from and I have to tap it to read the message. How can I fix this to show the message when I just raise my wrist?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 8

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 8:55 AM

Both are up to date. It has been resolved. You have to disable the Tap to show full notification tab under notifications in the watch app.

4 replies

Apr 2, 2022 11:49 AM in response to First-world-probs

Hello there First-world-probs,

Thanks for posting here on the Apple Support Communities! This is a place where other Apple users can submit questions or respond to others to help lend a hand. Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.

To get started, this functionality can depend on a number of different settings.

Got to the Apple Watch app on your companion iPhone: My Watch > General:

- Wrist Detection - turn on.- Wake Screen > check that Wake Screen on Wrist Raise is enabled.

Any change after giving that a try?

Certainly keep us posted, we’re here for you every step of the way!

Take care.

Messages on watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.