Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving documents onto my actual Mac - not iCloud

How can I save documents to my Mac please? I tried to save something to my desktop, but I can't see it so it must be somewhere else. I suspect its in iCloud.

My Mac started saving items onto iCloud. I don't want to do this so I turned off iCloud, but I can't now save anything to my Mac. As I also need to use OneDrive and I have to move files to that manually as it won't synch, I'm getting quite frustrated.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 9:39 AM

See these articles Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support

Get file, folder and disk information on Mac – Apple Support

Work with folders and files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Move items to your Mac and remove them from iCloud Drive

• On your Mac, drag items from iCloud drive to another folder in the Finder sidebar or on the desktop, such as Downloads, Movies, Music and Pictures. 
  • The items are copied to your Mac and removed from iCloud Drive on all your devices set up for iCloud. If you change your mind, you can drag items back to iCloud Drive.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2022 9:39 AM in response to Anita008

See these articles Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support

Get file, folder and disk information on Mac – Apple Support

Work with folders and files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Move items to your Mac and remove them from iCloud Drive

• On your Mac, drag items from iCloud drive to another folder in the Finder sidebar or on the desktop, such as Downloads, Movies, Music and Pictures. 
  • The items are copied to your Mac and removed from iCloud Drive on all your devices set up for iCloud. If you change your mind, you can drag items back to iCloud Drive.

Saving documents onto my actual Mac - not iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.