Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 5 Gen

Ok, so I am looking into buying the new iPad Air! But I was wondering if I buy the only " WiFi " one, not the " WiFi and Cellular " one will it still have 5G?

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 9:58 AM

Depends on what you mean by 5G.

5G normally refers to a specific type of cellular network like 3G, 4G, LTE before it. Without cellular, you cannot use 5G. If you buy a Wi-Fi only iPad you cannot use Cellular at all. If you want to use Cellular service such as 5G, then you need the Cellular model.

If you are referring to the 5Ghz Wi-Fi, then yes, the iPad can connect to 5Ghz Wi-Fi.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2022 9:58 AM in response to La-La-La-Lexi

Depends on what you mean by 5G.

5G normally refers to a specific type of cellular network like 3G, 4G, LTE before it. Without cellular, you cannot use 5G. If you buy a Wi-Fi only iPad you cannot use Cellular at all. If you want to use Cellular service such as 5G, then you need the Cellular model.

If you are referring to the 5Ghz Wi-Fi, then yes, the iPad can connect to 5Ghz Wi-Fi.

iPad Air 5 Gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.