Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot get my MacBook Air to unmute

How do I unmute my MacBook Air please I am not good at any of this so simple feedback have tried settings but will not allow me to untick box

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 12:30 PM

Refer to these instructions: If the internal speakers on your Mac aren't working - Apple Support. If you are attempting to de-select the Mute checkbox as described in Step 5 and it stubbornly remains selected, try resetting that Mac's NVRAM: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support.

"Settings that can be stored in NVRAM include sound volume, display resolution, ..."

This assumes your MacBook Air model has an Intel processor. If it is newer model with an M1 processor, that Support document is not applicable.

Identify your MacBook Air model - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2022 12:30 PM in response to Sunday9999

Refer to these instructions: If the internal speakers on your Mac aren't working - Apple Support. If you are attempting to de-select the Mute checkbox as described in Step 5 and it stubbornly remains selected, try resetting that Mac's NVRAM: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support.

"Settings that can be stored in NVRAM include sound volume, display resolution, ..."

This assumes your MacBook Air model has an Intel processor. If it is newer model with an M1 processor, that Support document is not applicable.

Identify your MacBook Air model - Apple Support

I cannot get my MacBook Air to unmute

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.