Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does a family member's photos taken on their iPhone load to the iCloud ?

does a family member's photos taken on their iPhone load to the iCloud ? My partner is set up under family sharing but photos taken on his iPhone to not appear in the iCloud+

do I have to somehow put my Appleid on his phone to make it work?

can one have the same Apple ID on two iPhones?

be gentle, I'm an old man struggling with today's tech.

thanks

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 7:57 PM

Yes, if iCloud Photos is enabled on the iPhone. See Set up and use iCloud Photos

This process starts with an upload to iCloud of the entire collection of photos and videos on the iPhone. Thereafter, all photos taken on the iPhone are uploaded and added to this collection.

My partner is set up under family sharing but photos taken on his iPhone to not appear in the iCloud+

It sounds like his Photos app on the iPhone is not set for iCloud Photos - see above.

No, that is not advisable. Each person should use their own Apple ID. You indicate that you are using Family Sharing. This allows you to share the space you rent on iCloud in your iCloud+ storage plan. See What is Family Sharing?

Yes, as many devices as you like - but they will all use the same account and data will be synchronised between the two iPhones - your iCloud email and iMessage texts using that account will also be set up on the other iPhone, for example. See my answer above - each person should use their own Apple ID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2022 7:57 PM in response to dougger

Yes, if iCloud Photos is enabled on the iPhone. See Set up and use iCloud Photos

This process starts with an upload to iCloud of the entire collection of photos and videos on the iPhone. Thereafter, all photos taken on the iPhone are uploaded and added to this collection.

My partner is set up under family sharing but photos taken on his iPhone to not appear in the iCloud+

It sounds like his Photos app on the iPhone is not set for iCloud Photos - see above.

No, that is not advisable. Each person should use their own Apple ID. You indicate that you are using Family Sharing. This allows you to share the space you rent on iCloud in your iCloud+ storage plan. See What is Family Sharing?

Yes, as many devices as you like - but they will all use the same account and data will be synchronised between the two iPhones - your iCloud email and iMessage texts using that account will also be set up on the other iPhone, for example. See my answer above - each person should use their own Apple ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.