📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Magic Keyboard with multiple computers?

I'm looking for advice on how to best use a Magic Keyboard with multiple computers (or, advice for a wired, compact keyboard to replace my Magic Keyboard).

We have four laptops, and one nice workstation w/ a keyboard/mouse/monitor. We take turns using the monitor, me for work and my family for games.

I almost have a nice one-cord setup, where the keyboard and mouse plug into the monitor, which acts like a KVM switch - any laptop that plugs into the USB-C port gets all of the peripherals. But...

The wired Apple keyboard that I have is too wide for the desk. So, I bought a Magic keyboard. It's the right size, but anytime you plug it into a new MacBook it changes the device it's paired to.

I think the keyboard is probably intended for single computer use, and I can't find a way to disable this pairing feature. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 7:47 AM

2 replies

Can I use Magic Keyboard with multiple computers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.